We had a great conversation. We had great conversations a few times but at loggerheads one night Peggy who is Bernie sister I’m kind you know was telling us things about her life. That were very very interesting. She worked in politics with the Carter administration and then she lost your job when he lost the election or when he know, and when he left his position as president so she moved from Atlanta to Oakland Oakland, California her value of her home tripled from 300,000 to 900,000 and so when she sold it, she had a pretty good NASDA and she shared this with us so I think it’s OK for me to say it, but she said it changed her economic trajectory and now she’s fairly you know economically secure, but the main thing she said that was so interesting. Was she got involved with writing a sitcom or you know a show on TV and how they went about the technique they use for writing these shows, she said that they would sit down and map out characters and so whatever character they may let’s say Jennifer and Pete they would talk. They would build that character at in an item they would build we know how they would react to this situation or their sensitivities, they’re interest they’re insecurities their physicality all the different things about them and they just developed these characters. Then, when it came to writing the stories of the show, they would think of a situation and they plug in these characters that they had developed and how would they react to these situations? It was an extremely interesting insight that we gained and how these stories are written and then we talked about suits and Lewis lit and Mike, Ross and Harvey and Donna and the characters we’ve really gotten to know in the suits series that that Jennifer And and I are watching and you know then we also could think about that in terms of Seinfeld, you know Howie Kramer react here how would George think about this or Lane so it really was a very interesting thing that I had never heard of before and I felt like I learned something and what I what I have talked about with Jennifer is foreshadowing that you know Eric told me about foreshadowing years and years ago and I bring that up every time we’re watching a program and that was part of our conversation the other night because nothing is by accident when you watch a story that the author has developed these characters and kind of introduces them in a little bit at a time you know a way where it’s foreshadowing because then when they introduced them later, you feel a little bit of connection a little bit of familiarity so nothing is by accident and nothing is by chance it’s all planned and that was that so it was a great evening. Peggy was an interesting person. Bernie is interesting and easy to get along with and Gracie is just the sweetest girl you’d ever wanna meet she’s a lot like well she’s she’s enough like Jennifer that you can make a comparison and see them as sisters, but she’s her own individual and you know, but it was a very comfortable week and I’m glad to say that Jennifer has been a real trooper getting along with my family and participating and now it was my turn to do that with her and I felt really good about it
Comments
Post a Comment