Well, we just got back from Folly Beach our first vacation away from home together and it was pretty spectacular. We did so many things. I’m gonna just try to recall a few of them off the top of my head. You know And reported directly to the Blog so first off we drove together in the EV and I mapped out our route so that we could charge up in in Columbia area at the Walmart and then at the Tanger Mall in North Charleston and so we did that we got started at like 6 AM she is such a trooper just amazing. She literally called me at 5:21 AM which she woke me but of course I was excited and I was already half awake because I don’t sleep much. We went out on the beach that early and looked for the sunset. We just walked along the beach and everything ironically, the sun didn’t set until like seven so we didn’t see the actual I mean sunset sunrise so we didn’t see the actual sunrise. We had gone back to our rooms by them, but still it was a phenomenal thing the next morning we’ve timed it a little later in the morning and I saw, and I got loads of sunrise pictures. We also went out to the Folly Beach County Park, which is the most beautiful place on earth. Just an amazing place. We got there actually it closes where they close the gates going in at 30 minutes before sunset so we were locked outside of the park but we could walk in and so we did that and again we got some beautiful sunset pictures so it was just one amazing surprise after another. We went back to the park the next night and got there before sunset and could park inside the park again we walked around got more sunset. Pictures had a great time and you went back and we ate dinner at loggerheads at least three times once by ourselves once with Bernie and Peggy and Jennifer sister Grace, and that was just great. It was a great evening Peggy‘s very entertaining and she worked for the Carter administration. She sold her house in Oakland California and moved to Atlanta after losing a job after Jimmy Carter. You left office anyway just very interesting little things so in the course of the day we went to a dog park which was really great for Zeke and for us. I’d have to look up the name of it again but it’s a huge Park and I guess it’s only a part of it is for Dogs but anyway they talked about having alligators there and be careful of the alligators. We didn’t see any you know I kept Zeke on his leash. I forgot to put them on his harness, which would’ve been better, but anyway we went there. We had a great time and then we went to another little doggy park before driving out to Charleston. We went to Charleston and Charleston as it turns out was not the highlight of our trip we ate the crab shack which I’ve always wanted to eat there cause I always felt like it would be wonderful and I couldn’t afford it so you know 50 years in South Carolina but never you know eight of the Crab shack well let me tell you it was a big disappointment. I’m not gonna write or review because I don’t write negative reviews but no, I got fried crabcake thank God I just got a small thing. I didn’t like it. Maybe it was just a bad sample but anyway, neither one of us really liked it. We had an OK time you know in the Market Square we walked up and down. We met a very sweet young lady who was selling Benny wafers and we talked to her a little bit and got a picture too. That was good. Then we went to see the angel oak and that was great and that was well worth the trip and glad that we put that on the itinerary because you know again we could’ve just turned around and go home, but I said do you wanna go to the Angel Oak and we did and that’s the thing about Jennifer she’s game for anything. She is such a great partner companion. I mean, she tries and I try to watch out for hard and not overdo it and you know we watch out for each other. She’s very protective of me and it’s just kind of funny how that works but anyway we’ve done all these things walking on the beach in the morning and at night and if the dog Park and Downtown Charleston and it’s just been great I’ll probably do another post instead of just filling this up to the nines all right enough for now 

Comments