Hospice Volunteer Awards Cowboy Night Monday Sep 14th 2026
Tonight Jennifer and I participated in the hospice Volunteer awards night where the theme was Cowboys and I had ordered a couple of cowboy hats and a couple of red Curt shifts and Jennifer was a real good sport and she dressed up as a cowboy as as did I and we went together and we just had a great time we sat at a table with JJ and a guy named Chris who worked in the Home store and another woman who worked in the Home store and I can’t think of her name, but they were very personable and we had some great conversations. And Mary came by and she decided to sit with another table, but we had a lot of conversation with her as well, so it was very warm and comfortable night all that was good and then they were announcing awards and they announced this gratitude award for a man and his four legged friend and then they said my name Peter Tintle and I just about dropped. I mean it really hit me emotionally. I was just so taken back. I was so I don’t know humbled so I teared up some. I was like oh no I don’t wanna stand up. They came out and they gave it to me and it was just a wonderful thing just a little overwhelming anyway that was the gist of it and this is a picture I took of the awards and I just wanna make a record of her for the Blog I think that you know I’ve been a Social Worker all my life. It’s been a great career. I think I helped a few people here and there learned a lot along the way helping isn’t always what I thought it was as Peggy said it’s a coercive service. But this is not a coworker of Service going out and visiting hospice patients is a very I suck for words here. I don’t know. It’s a very rewarding experience. I guess you could say the clients are very receptive. I noticed that they are very happy to see Zeke Zeke sits on their lap they pet him. They talk about him. They talk to him. We talk about their dogs. We talk about their history. It’s all very warm and fuzzy and then when I say it’s time to go, they just thanked me for coming. They can’t thank me for being there and there’s no emotional stress or hardship oh, please stay or please take me with you. I mean that may happen in the future but right now it’s been just very very nice and very like I said very personally rewarding so it’s a win-win anyway that’s about it for this wide Post.
Pete 🤓 and Zeke 🐶
Comments
Post a Comment