The Divided States of America



The divided states of America

You know we’ve been increasingly aware of the divisions that we faced as a society in America and it seems as though it’s been one of assault after another left against right right against left and you know now with the Trump administration using those divisions to strengthen and enrich himself and his inner circle of MAGA’s We see how this is impacting our fabric as a society and you know I’m feeling like this is a new situation a very sad situation where you know from our point of view, we want to be inclusive that’s kind of the left side of things that we want to include people we don’t want to divide people we want we don’t wanna isolate people. We don’t wanna label people where we feel like the right wing does and you know when I’ve created these videos and I’ve seen some of the comments you know I find it. Oh this is not inspiring. Just the people who agree with me that ice is an inhumane form of our government authority. They think that they’re doing the right thing now my point in making this blog is, I’m now watching this American experiment the American experiment about the revolutionary war on Netflix and it’s been great and it’s been very informative and we’re in a chapter right now where they’re talking about division and the divisions between the people of America and how it came down to families and friends and how some people were loyal to the crown, and others were loyalist to the continental army or to Washington to you know this whole declaration of independence as the United States and what I’m realizing is, this was a power-play and with so many struggles on the side of Washington’s army, and you know the wind lose situation with different battles that this could’ve gone either way and you know they we live in America where we think oh yeah we’re the United States of America and we know we have a little issues but we’re 50 states and we’re all strong but you know these divisions that were experiencing we’re part of our original fabric and in this ladies letter she’s saying how terrible it is that you know this is divided father against son brother against brother friend against friend and how can we be this way? How can we do this to ourselves while she’s asking the very same questions in the 1700s that we’re asking now on the 2600 while the 2000s anyway why am I saying this because these things get on my mind they bother me they concern me and I try to take a step back and say you know it’s all gonna be OK when I see the violence portrait in the revolutionary war hand to hand combat you know rudimentary weapons with firearms coming down to fixed bayonets and stabbing each other, punching each other in the face and meaning it trying to kill each other this is a level of brutality that I’ve never experienced, and God forbid. I ever have to experience it, but this is a level of brutality that appears to be part of our human nature and we’re walking around now nowadays, they know how bad it is how divided we are house you know how discouraging all this is but hey, we’re still civilized and if we can segregate our activities to words, throwing slings and our arrows at each other, you know with words rather than spears and bayonet then we win I don’t know what’s gonna happen. I mean, nobody really knows what’s gonna happen and the irony of that is it’s always happening. That’s something that you learn or I learn with this Buddhist wisdom nothing has ever fixed. Yeah we have landmarks and you know there was before the revolution there was during the revolution there was after the revolution same thing with the Civil War and what I’m also learning is that racism was a big part of all of this conflict. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal they didn’t mean all men they meant all white men, and they really didn’t even mean all white men, but it was a great idealistic notion poetic notion and he got it in writing. He got it authorized so that is our declaration of independence but we have yet to live up to it. My point is they weren’t really living up to it when they wrote it and you know it’s known fact now that you know Washington had slaves in Jefferson had slaves, but like I said, this doesn’t mean that their words were meaningless. It just means that they were defined in the context of their society at that time, and the context of that society was white men. We’re struggling for their freedom from the English authority the English king and they were asserting that they were equal to the British people and they that level all men were created equal so I guess my point is that my idealism is my idealism, but it is very naïve and I don’t wanna expose myself to violence? I certainly don’t wanna be violent, and I never will be violent but what I do have to realize in the reason I’m articulating this, but I do have to realize is violence is a part of human nature and almost every course of action that has some sort of definitive change in our society also involved huge amounts of violence towards each other. That’s just the sad fact of life. 

 



 

Comments