Spinoza


When I was a kid, I started reading the Bible and I noticed very quickly that they were contradictions and I was fascinated by this. I said well how can this be if it’s saying one thing here and then says something else in the next paragraph so you know, I remember saying that to my neighbor who is very I don’t know the right word they were older. They were no doubt conservative and judgmental and I would you know go to them and almost bragging say look at this look at this and you know I don’t think they liked it, but I never got in trouble for it because my parents were reasonably or very supportive of open-minded thinking.
God created man in his own image?
Or
Man created God in his own imagination 💭 

Genesis 1:27

New King James Version


27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 



Spinoza’s view is that **death is final**: when you’re dead, “you’re dead,” and there is no afterlife or “world to come,” so there’s nothing to fear. He also argues that genuine knowledge helps the mind survive after the body’s demise.


Knowledge and the Mind

Despite his stance on the finality of death, Spinoza also posits that genuine knowledge can contribute to the mind's survival after the body dies. He suggests that understanding and acquiring knowledge can help transcend the limitations of physical existence.

Embracing Life

Spinoza encourages individuals to embrace life fully. He argues that instead of fearing death, one should focus on living a rational and virtuous life. This approach aligns with his belief that understanding the nature of existence can lead to a more fulfilling and meaningful life.





Comments