Beatles Hey Jude - David Frost


https://youtu.be/A_MjCqQoLLA?si=azgLpnJjtBq7MqCX Pete 🤓 and Zeke 🐶

Hey Jude, probably one of the most beautiful iconic songs of all time you know builds on itself and it creates a crescendo that you just you’ll never forget and it lifts your spirits every time you listen and you know here I am today on Father’s Day. It’s a beautiful day and I’m a very lucky father. Lauren sent me a beautiful card. She actually called me again today and we spoke and yesterday I had a great day and a great little hike with Jennifer my new girlfriend at age 80 I’ll just round up but you know I am the luckiest man in the world and yet why am I blogging today? I’m blogging because I feel like I’m living in a state of fear fear that we are losing or that we have lost America.

So why do I say that because a former Olympian and I think that’s just coincidence but a citizen was arrested for vandalizing the reflecting pool at the Washington monument and Trump is quoted saying vile things about him and how he is by God he is gonna prosecute these these vandalisms these vandals and you know all this tough talk. It’s just downright scary. It’s frightening. It’s terrifying. I mean only a year or two ago his hoodlums literally vandalized the state the nation’s capital right there in front of God and everybody on film on camera nobody did a thing people died as a result of that vandalism, and they died in the shock of the fact that this now president not only allowed it to happen when he was leaving office but then when he got back in office, he exonerated these people and release them from prison. He has turned our legal system inside out upside down and turned into his vindictive self-serving legal system. Now I’m saying this in the privacy of my bedroom I’m putting it on my blog and yes, I’m scared as I do it. Why because freedom of speech is under attack freedom of speech and expression normal freedom of speech and expression is under attack by this president and by his right wing cohorts this is the most terrifying thing we’ve experienced in America to this point and it could be worse. It can get worse, and there are a couple things that bother me one that I’m you know painfully aware of this and concerned about it and so are my ““ liberal friends the word liberal has been turned into like a curse word and even freedom of speech is kind of laughable now I’m not a big protester. I don’t really believe in protest all that much. Mainly my concern is that I would be worried that these protest would be alienating more people than winning them over. We have a dictator in office at this point who may or may not ever leave the office he’s already said that he doesn’t believe in the elections unless he wins he set it out loud and now he’s using the power of his presidency to restrict and control voting rights, and who knows if my vote will be counted. He is openly favoring his right wing cohort and nobody is safe the most recent Mccullough victim Marjorie Taylor green you know was a big Trump advocate. Oh yeah oh she’s really all for Trump. Oh, you know he’s the greatest you know and then I don’t know how many months it’s been not even a couple of years I don’t think he screwed her. I don’t know exactly what he did to her but now she’s talking out against him and I’m telling you she’s putting her life in danger. This is no small joke. This is what dictators do we’ve watched it in other countries. We have a history of it seeing this happening and other countries, white supremacy, but white supremacy that also holds other white people accountable in other words nobody’s really safe. I’m a white male and theoretically I’m safe that doesn’t make me feel good but it makes me feel a whole lot safer than if I were you know an illegal alien who right now are the Jews of our times, they are the persecuted group illegal aliens people that have been here probably as long as Trump who knows but I mean they’ve been here decades working living participating in our American way of life and he has called them out called them slugs and you know criminals and you know he’s black bald them and sadly enough people have supported that to where now they throw these people in prison this is a terribly scary situation that we’re in and am I scared 24 seven no but right now I’m speaking my mind because this is invading my space on this otherwise beautiful Father’s Day. Can I do anything about it? No I’m afraid I’m afraid to speak. I’m afraid to talk to my daughter about this. I don’t wanna you know get politics involved because what if she likes Trump I don’t know so therefore I’m afraid to say anything she never says anything. I took pictures of her workers the other day when I was visiting I picked that don’t do that don’t do that why I said I said oh are you afraid that ice you know might find them or something why she had no idea what I was talking about so I just dropped it I just dropped it. How can they live in such a vacuum I don’t know. I know my I know my daughter and my son-in-law are very compassionate people. I know that they were very concerned about giving these guys a tip and everything so I can’t imagine that they would support this Behavior on the part of our government but then again I just don’t know and I’m afraid to jeopardize my own relationship with them for fear that they would put me on the other side of the fence you know that Suddenly I would be a liberal maybe they’d feel sorry for me or think I was naïve and maybe that’s true. Maybe I am naïve. I’ve often said that I’m purposely naïve because I wanna believe in the goodness of people I want to believe in the goodness of America. I still believe in the goodness of America and I believe that we’re gonna straighten ourselves out the other day, I watched the inauguration of the Obama Library. It was a beautiful thing and a beautiful experience and I’m telling you his people he and his people are under attack. We are under attack by the right wing. One guy said this it’s been a couple years ago. I think she said, but we have all the guns yeah they have all the guns now I never considered the second amendment you know a problem and I don’t. I don’t have anything against people hunting if that’s what they wanna do that’s not my thing but we have mass murderers. You know I want a regular basis and I am against that and I don’t want that to happen to me or certainly not my grandson. You know where people I know in love, but we have that kind of fear too because Trump wheels that kind of power he’s created his own. The stopper will call it. He has turned the army into his personal you know, armed servants on a lab on a certain level.

So is this a national nightmare is this a national nightmare from which we will awake and regain our sense of true pride and decency and love of life and love of humanity and respect for each other is there and respect for democracy and law and order true law and order. I don’t know. I just don’t know I’m 80 years old. I know I’m not I’m I’m 78 but I mean 80 round numbers I don’t think I have more than 67 years to live. I don’t know I don’t wanna die. I feel pretty healthy. I’m in love everything‘s great but this is terrifying and I don’t wanna see it worse I don’t wanna be arrested and punished on some level. I’d rather die. I would rather die than live a slow death and also rather die than be a victim of an American dictatorship.

Comments