The Most Amazing Nature Video


 

Natural selection versus intelligent design
I phrased it that way purposely because that’s the way people generally seem to categorize it or portray it as if one negates the other I don’t really believe that’s true. I think if there is an intelligent design or an intelligent designer, i.e. God if there is a God then that’s fine. I mean what we do have what we do have evidence of is the abundance of nature and the reason I decided to put it or put my thoughts in this particular blog post is because of the incredible video that this guy did let alone the fact that he created this natural environment on his own Homestead, but anyway, you know ever since Darwin sailed on the beagle with his buddy, his friend who was also happened to be a religious person. He knew that there would be conflict over this sense of or over this theory and he did call the theory of evolution and natural selection or origin of species versus the origin of species. I guess from an intelligent designer now I know that the Bible that Genesis the first book of the Bible describes the Genesis or the generating of life and it does it in a very simple and poetic way you know God created the universe and everything in it created a man out of Clay created woman from his rib OK Great you know and if you want to read that and say oh that’s the way it happened then that’s your choice. I guess I feel like that’s a very elementary way to look at it. Very childlike way to look at it, which is fine if you’re a child, but you might say well then why did the intelligent designer give us such an inquisitive brain and why would that brain question the existence of the intelligent designer you know to test your faith I guess that’s what religious Faithful think they come up with an answer for everything except natural selection, which I believe is the answer to everything and how and why it started I don’t know, but I don’t think there was a who involved you know as a as a database developer, we could answer these questions who what when where how much how many the one question we couldn’t answer with the database was why and you might come to a point of examining evidence to determine why something happened. Let’s say you were keeping a database on disease and by tracking the disease you noticed there were so many deaths as a result of the disease. Well, you could say then that possibly the disease caused the death or you know anyway I don’t really wanna go down that road my point is that the reason why is kind of why we have the foundation of religion that since we don’t know why or how the universe came into existence except through the expansion of science, we answer these questions with a beautiful story about God and I think that serves a valuable purpose, both in the history of mankind and maybe also in the present future of mankind because I kind of joke when I’m walking around the house, I know yes I think I know, but in fact, I really don’t know. I don’t know. I talked to Zeke and I say you know we don’t really know. We think we know we figure things out we wanna know we pretend to know, but in fact, we really don’t know and that’s the way it is about God and in creation and natural design when I die then in theory, I will know what death is like however, my perception of death my current understanding of death is I will know theoretically what death is, but I won’t know because I won’t be aware of it because that will end. My time of awareness to me. Life is awareness. Life is being alive in this world in this tangible three-dimensional world or four dimensional if you talk about taste, smell emotions thought you know this is where we are now I have no recollection of where I was before I came here, I wasn’t worried about eternity before I was born and I’m not really worried about eternity after I’m gone because I won’t be aware of it. It’s not like sitting and watching the pot boil or watching paint dry it won’t be boring. It won’t seem like a long time cause I won’t be aware of it because right now I’m on earth. I’m living my life, breathing and breathing out with my levels of peas and my levels of anxiety and trying to deal with them trying to cope with them certainly I have spent many times. Praying to God praying for guidance. Praying for support. Praying for someone to love. I’m a human being. You know I have the same, so I have the same insecurities that all people have, but I haven’t rested my insecurities on a firm Leaf of God now what sort of this conversation Lauren started it recently when she sent me this video that they had watched and I think it’s called the reason for everything something like that and she said it was very thought-provoking in a made her think I guess about intelligent design and here again I’m very interested in hearing what she thinks. I didn’t have a chance to really pursue it with her. I’m a little concerned about going into anything political or anything religious with her. My concern would be if we had a different point of view. Would she reject me? I’m not worried about rejecting her because I won’t, but I’m afraid sometimes that she would reject me and maybe it’s that fear that that prevents me from exploring certain topics I remember when she came home to us years ago and before she got married, she said, I think she either had a book of intelligence design or of evolution and she said you know more or less what do you think of that? She says no things this is not true and you know we didn’t support Noel or argue against him but we certainly said yes you know evolution is true. It’s a theory cause it’s continuously being studded and reshaped but it’s true. It’s scientifically true now why couldn’t God simply set the wheels in motion of evolution. Why couldn’t God who is all knowing all being all time you know why couldn’t he or she and that’s the kind of hip way to say things these days to kinda almost Tongue In Cheek, but say that you know, God could be a woman well yes mother earth, mother nature from my point of view assigning the female gender is as valid or more valid than the male gender. The male, gender kinda comes in play with a jealous God with vengeful God with a punishing God, I mean, and again these are all reflections of our human nature we have created God in our own image I mean, the words are God created man and in his own image well the writers of that knew what they were saying they knew they were saying it and that’s my point those folks that sat around the campfire making up stories and telling each other stories for entertainment, and eventually, you know, learned how to write it down and pass it down through generations. This was all man-made. This was all people you know their creative thoughts there they’re imaginations at work and you know this is what people do and you know, creating a creation story with a supreme being with a God you know just seems to me to fall right into that instinct we have or value in that quality or skill that we have it doesn’t necessarily therefore mean that it’s true and I think that the irony of that is each culture that creates a creation story and a God to go behind. It is creating their own story and their own God and then sadly they start to defend that God and their belief that God and next thing you know, we have literally have wars let alone disagreement over who’s God is true whose story is true and that’s where it really really takes a turn you know in terms of my opinion of human nature. Our human nature is very flawed. We still are animals we may not think we are, but there’s a lot of instinct that our behavior and one of those instincts is defensiveness and our you know our desire to protect ourselves and protect our closest to us, and you know this is part of biology too. This is part of biology biological understanding of human nature of mammals nature, maybe all life nature to protect to procreate and then protect our Jung to fall in love, create attachments and then protect the ones we love and the first of those being ourselves, so I’m going on and on as I usually do there is a strong part of me that would like to share these thoughts directly with Lauren. You know I want her to know that I’m pretty good guy. You know I tried to be a good father. I tried to be a good person I fail miserably you know I’m not saying I’m successful at it, but it is in my mind and in my heart to try to be good, and you know my sense of this to summarize it is whether there’s an argument for intelligent design or four natural selection you might say instead of them being mutually exclusive they are part of the human experience, trying to understand our world, and from my point of view, if you believe in an omnipotent God, then you can also believe that he created the system of evolution and natural selection. He didn’t plant fossils to fake us out to play tricks on us. He planted fossils because fossils represent are long and deep and involved history so I think I’ll stop with that today.

Comments