Buddhist wisdom
This is just a video I was listening too as I go to bed at night. Nothing extra special about this one but just a sampling of what’s out there. I find them peaceful, relaxing and insightful. It’s common sense in many ways … or cliche … Don’t worry be happy but there’s something about hearing it from another voice… it’s like knowing you’re not alone in your tendencies to worry or think too much… when I listen it hits me like Wow! There must be a lot of other people out there struggling with the same issues… but I really think the key is having the awareness that everything, including feelings, are impermanent; the law of impermanence, just let yourself feel what you feel, even lean into it but… it will pass. The other bit of wisdom is that whatever bad things that actually happen, our tendency is to beat ourselves up over it. That’s where the suffering comes in…
I find that I have a built in resistance to start doing anything and everything… the hardest part is getting started or making the decision.. so for example, I feel resistance to go visit my clients… maybe I’ll skip today, I’ll go tomorrow etc… but if I just get up and go then suddenly it turns into a good thing. And Everything in its own way is like that… should I volunteer? What if this what if that… then, just go do it. And suddenly you’re doing something that’s good, that’s fun, that gets you outside of yourself. But, as I’m saying, Everything has an element of that fear or hesitation… should I go for a walk, ride a bike, go to EGYM or…. Just hide in here thinking about it? I think there is some comfort in knowing that you’re not alone in feeling these feelings of fear or insecurity or not good enoughs… I’m watch all sorts of videos about the Beatles. There history and their rise to fame. The song writers were John And Paul, the legendary Lennon and McCartney… well here’s George feeling all bad about himself because he was being ignored or sidelined…
George Harrison!!! He’s a damn Beatle and yet even he was feeling insecure ๐
Eventually he blossomed writing his own music but it wasn’t until he left the Beatles. So somehow that makes me feel better to know that even the most talented the most famous the most rich the most loved and admired people still at times feel lonely and insecure… in fact some of the most beautiful music is created from those feelings.
So as usual I am carrying on but… You are just as good as George Harrison or Lady Gaga or whoever you think has it made. You just need to write your own music and sing your own songs. I think the cliche is Dance like nobody is watching…. But by all means Dance!!! ๐
Comments
Post a Comment