My grandson Wes is graduating from fifth grade on Wednesday morning. I’ve made reservations to stay at the Hyatt for Jennifer and I Tuesday night however Jennifer had a TIA the other night and we spent the whole night in the hospital and she’s just not 100% and has reservations about traveling and I do too and when you add that to the fact that she’s already very shy and that this is a family affair it turns into something where if anybody needs to go it would be me by myself again would be fine except why should I stay in a hotel room while it turns out thatt Lauren Has my guest room packed with stuff and they have workers throughout the house doing all sorts of stuff where you can’t even park in their driveway so it comes down to what if I go by myself what I spend the night in a hotel so I can go to his service in the morning that kinda doesn’t make sense and the other scenario is that Jennifer goes with me we spend $500 on a hotel room again to go out for dinner and then leave in the morning to go to Alice’s in Raleigh. That was the plan but I’m questioning the whole thing like I just told Lauren I love her and Sam and Wes and Nolan just the same with her without being there for his graduation from fifth grade I have his gift card and money all ready to go have it in the car you know but is it worth all this you know for a five minute hello and hug and bye-bye I really don’t think so not objectively so what’s another scenario? Well, no I was thinking I could come the day or two after the graduation but no, they’re gonna be in camp so they’ve got their life and they’re running their lives and I’m trying to be a part of it, but you know maybe being a part of this particular occasion is not gonna work out the irony of it is there are plenty of grandparents let alone parents who just don’t show up for their kids stuff at all and I go overboard to be a good parent and then there’s kind of feeling like there’s you know never enough and Lauren‘s not doing this to me. I’m doing it to myself. Lauren‘s been very sweet very supportive. I know she wants me to be there, but she also wants me to be comfortable and that’s why I think ultimately I think I should just say I don’t think it’s gonna work out this time and then let it be.

Comments