ICE Cold Hard and Inhumane
I had a few ideas when I started doing this video and one of them was to do the captions with my voice, which I didn’t do. I just decided it was just too much. I just decided to use the copy and paste words straight from you know what I found quoted from the Bible on line then I thought of using All you need is Love in the background is music and then I would keep it under a minute and so forth to meet those criteria I still might do that I mean, I can always redo it or do more of it but just decided I just send it up there as is and let that be.
Or Not 🤪
I get so outraged when I just sit and see what’s going on in America and feel how incredibly inhumane our current activities are and how helpless I feel in the face of it. I don’t watch the news. I avoid negative things. I try to just live a happy life and stay focused on the good in the world of which there is plenty, and then I spend my evenings, listening to Buddhist wisdom and finding parallels and similarities and crossovers between Buddhism teaching, which is a philosophy of life and Jesus teachings, which were again the way, The Light the hope the path to eternal Bliss and I see them as being very kindred spirit so I guess that’s what got on my mind this morning? Was you know what is this ice that we’ve manifested in America ICE not even really sure what it stands for but what it does stand for what represents is inhumane cruelty towards other people, and the pope has acted courageously and stood up and spoken out against it, but not enough other churches have followed suit and not strong enough to condemn this activity and eliminated in America America, the land of the free the home of the brave, the beacon of Hope for so many people across the world, including our own citizens who were you know lucky enough to be born here, but that’s all just lucky enough to be born here. This did not give us the inherent right to be arrogant selfish mean exclusionary and just playing cruel which is now what’s happening under the Trump administration and the right wing white supremacy movement somehow this just bothered me enough to make this video this morning and that’s what I did it and I’m afraid I am afraid and I’m saying that to try to be honest under these circumstances, I’m afraid to raise my voice to say what I’m really thinking I’m afraid to do it with my own family with my own daughter because I’m afraid what if she doesn’t agree what if she doesn’t see the problems that I see I just want our family to stay intact and to be loving and supportive of each other my friends, all of whom pretty well agree with Mayor you know on some level shape or way they express even more outrageous maybe than I do. I’m not an activist. I’m not really a passivist either. I’m just a regular guy, but this is my exercise of freedom of speech I hope it doesn’t cause me any harm. I hope maybe it’ll help people think a little bit about what’s going on in America. You know I didn’t label it is anti-ice or anything. I just labeled it as God bless America. I don’t want the right wing stealing my flag stealing my faith in Christian belief and Christian teachings of Jesus. I don’t want the right wing redefining these things, including the very word conservative. I’m a pretty conservative guy you know no tattoos no hair down to my knees no drugs you know just doing my job just being a regular guy and you know I have 46 years of a beautiful marriage and family. Now I’ve met a most wonderful sensitive Sweden caring person in you know when the form of Jennifer and all I wanna do is lover and be kind to her and sweet to her and that’s what I’m gonna try to do. I’ve told her many times she’s a better person than I am and I truly believe that, but there’s a little part of me kind of wants to do my part so that’s it and that’s my Blog and I’m signing off
Comments
Post a Comment