Last night I went to Bob And Dianes for dinner and met with one of their good friends stew and Maddie and we had a great conversation or great conversations about a number of things like TV shows Larry David still even likes all in the family with Carl O’Connor Archie Bunker, you know and we taught about how topical that was at the time and we thought we had solved a lot of of those issues of racism and homophobia different things but no to the contrary, they have risen their ugly faces again and this in the form of Maga and Trumpism… Make America hate again… Stew being Jewish is aware of how it feels to be in a persecuted group and although he’s relatively successful and happily married to a black woman who is also very articulate, he doesn’t he doesn’t forget or ignore the fact that he can be on the receiving end of irrational Heat and that’s what we’re dealing with right now and it’s a scary thing and the irony of it is like I said last night I love America. I love capitalism you know, but we need Medicare Medicaid. We need Social Security. We need immigrants and it was stated that ice is not targeting farm workers but how about landscapers how about service people in the hotels in the restaurants everywhere we look we have Hispanic immigrants who everywhere you look they’re doing a great job now I’m not aware of the gangs and so forth, but apparently I’m sure that there are some, but I think that’s been hyped up to the large extent that doesn’t really exist simply because of white supremacy and the desire or the proclivity to blame other people or people or races for our own issues… So anyway this morning, I’m watching that video of Stephen Colbert and Paul McCartney who is now in his early 80s talking about when they came to America and played on the salvage show in their early 20s and how excited they were and how nervous they were to be in America, the land of the free in the home of the brave and the home of the greatest democracy, and they looked at each other and paused and said where it was and Paul said, and I hope it still is now that’s the fear that we’re living under. They have promoted this complete irrational hatred and fear about socialism and communism, and somehow the Democrats to the source of all evil and we hypothesize last night that this may have started or been fueled by the Roe versus Wade decision which they see as legalizing abortion, and it didn’t legalize abortion it simply made the abortion services that were legal in certain states available in other states primarily Texas, where the Roe v. Wade case took place so you know I’ve always said nobody more than an abortion. Nobody is in favor of abortions. It’s a necessary situation with certain situations that impact in many times the little girl involved women, obviously in general, but often times as a Social Worker I saw young girls who were impregnated in their early teens, had no concept or knowledge of how to raise a child, but they didn’t need that to get pregnant and where was the guy who knows so guys can just turn their back in and abandon a child or a female and leave them with all the responsibility to raise this child so it’s a very chauvinistic policy as it was stated last night what if they were what if women were making laws and rules about when a man could get a vasectomy so the idea that men can control not only the lives of women but their bodies as well is I would like to say antiquated but it’s not antiquated as much as it is I don’t even know the right word but it’s like turning us into the Middle East turning us into a Muslim country, Iraq or Iran you know next thing you know will be making women wear burgers because we’re sexually aroused. You know if we see anything below their eyes I mean it’s an insane situation and yet it’s real and I hate that I’m living my last 10 years basically in fear of losing America, losing American democracy, diplomacy, decency leadership being the greatest country in the world instead of verbalizing it in such an arrogant way and yeah, I always say you know my life I haven’t made I do. I’ve never been happier or at least have all the accoutrements for happiness. I’m not broke. I’m reasonably healthy. I have a new beautiful girlfriend that I care about deeply and you know everything‘s going my way, but I have this anxiety and fear because of our political situation. I have one fear is that we’re gonna lose it all. I have to admit that one fear is that now picking a fight picking a war with Iran and bottlenecking the straight, four moves and causing worldwide, economic chaos, and prices to rise everywhere for the price of oil you know how will we survive this well maybe this will provide the impetus to turn away from oil you would hope you would think but again we went through oil crisis in the 60s and 70s I don’t know how many times we’ve done it but you know I remember lining up at the gas station and having to fill my tank with gas and actually you know sometimes you had to join a gas station memberships and so with all sorts of gimmick to make money on the gas shortage and like President Bush that America, we are addicted to oil well apparently that addiction is still enforce now I have an electric car I love my electric car. I know it’s not perfect, but I also see it as the technology of the future there’s no comparison or there is a comparison with how much nice or smooth or more powerful cleaner quieter, and electric vehicle is over a gas powered vehicle. It’s infinitely better, but apparently America is not buying into it now China is China is now the world‘s leader in EV‘s and Europe seems to be following suit but here again Trump seems to be turning us into a Third World country. I just read this morning about Hospital shutting down because of cutting back on Medicare Medicaid and all the repercussions it’s having on those rural communities not just the lack of healthcare but the lack of morale the loss of jobs increased suicides so he’s promoted this slogan make America great again, but that’s not happening at all. It’s making America arrogant again and making us wait again theoretically although I don’t even know if that’s gonna happen but those are my thoughts this morning. I wanna go back to watching Paul McCartney on the Stephen Colbert show the last of his show a comedian who poked fun at the president over and over again and I don’t know if that has anything to do with his retirement or with the attack on freedom of speech or just coincidence he seems like a pretty young guy still full of you in full of himself, but and he’s you know Stephen Colbert is from Charleston, South Carolina the irony that I keep saying because I consider myself Southern at this point. I’ve been here more than 50 years. I don’t see the south territorial as the bash of racism. I see the south from my own experience is being the most integrate integrated experience I’ve ever had that doesn’t mean there aren’t prejudice and you know and I know Trump‘s very popular down here but anyway I’m not gonna go into that. I just I just wanna say I love America and I wish I could just go to bed at night and wake up in the morning, feeling secure that America is still America as Steven and Paul just said keep America great by maintaining its institutions and maintaining the government that we created by and for the people and not angry people misinformed people, people motivated by hate and greed. Keep America great because we care about all the people.

Comments