Why am I inspired and motivated to study or listen to videos about Spinoza in some ways? It seems like kind of a not a waste of time, but you know, endeavors into things that matter or maybe don’t matter which is easier to claim to be a Christian then just nod your head in agreement with everything you hear or is it better to inquire and seek the truth about the wisdom of Jesus and that’s what Spinoza did and he was punished for it and you know in some ways I’ve been punished, but not really just have not in this modern age chosen to believe in the apostles‘s creed or to go through rituals that theoretically absolve me of any sin, the reality of it is, I’m not a perfect person never have been never will be, but I try I try to be a good person on some level at sometime and I think that’s what inspires me and that’s what inspires me about. Jesus he did in fact show us the way the truth and the light he was the path to a better life, a more a more ethically inclined life and so did Buddha and so did other teachers with whom I’m not that familiar but that’s what I love about this pursuit of truth and wisdom that they are all in agreement. They’re not fighting over which dogma is correct or which detail of some script is correct

Comments