Pete 🤓 and Zeke 🐶
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Mr. Pete" <peteandtess@gmail.com>
Date: August 11, 2026 at 2:34:31 PM EDT
To: Dave Bock <bock@htva.net>
Subject: Re: FLOCK
Technology is only as good or as bad as the people who use it. Right now I don’t trust Trump or the a Trump government so I’m afraid to exercise freedom of speech in my YouTubes and in this email or texts for that matter which are being watched, read and scrutinized… now I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos by Americans in China where the constant view of cameras make them feel very safe and a few detective series based in England and Europe using CCTV to fight crime. So…Big Brother can be Good 😊
Personally I don’t care if Google Maps knows everywhere I’ve been and prompts me to write reviews because I need Google Maps to travel and I love writing positive reviews… it’s my hobby and my way of giving back.
I all think that a quick DNA swab at birth would be much more useful than a foot print and an SSN. How many rape and robberies could be solved if trace evidence could be linked back directly to the perpetrator?
I love AI and use it everyday. If I was still working in computer programming I’d use it to create queries and routines. If I thought or was in a position where it might eliminate my job I might have a different point of view.
In any case, Big Brother, as you called it, is with us and it all depends on if he’s a good brother, protecting us from crime, a nosey brother, sending us adds on products we might like or cruel brother, locking us up for having an askance off color opinion or just plain being the wrong color.
It’s not so much what it is, it’s how it’s applied.
Pete 🤓 and Zeke 🐶
On Aug 11, 2026, at 10:04 AM, Dave Bock <bock@htva.net> wrote:
Hi, all —
I had teed up but never finished an email yesterday about FLOCK cameras, wondering if anyone were dealing with that issue in Hendo. And then this morning, I see this!
|
<1060287c-c495-4c2e-b4e6-67be66e76b0c-01_00_31_12.jpeg>
|
|
|
This map shows where they are:
While police may support having them, the potentials for abuse in the current environment is potentially just the tip of the ICEberg.
|
<07nat-flock-safety-TOP-jlhp-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpeg>
|
|
|
Public reaction from alls sides has led our NY county to cancel the FLOCK contract and the devices are being removed. I hope Henderson County follows suit. In the meantime as you drive around town, wave to Big Brother!
Cheers,
— Dave
Comments
Post a Comment