August 11th, 2026 Happy Birthday Lauren
Dearest Lauren,
It seems like just a few years ago I had wanted to give you one of those Lordy Lordy Lauren’s turned 40 birthday greetings but I planned it so much the moment came and went… well now I probably should start planning for the Nifty Nifty look who’s 50 birthday party π but who’s counting???
Maybe that’s not what you wanted to hear first thing this morning but boy does time fly…
The main thing I want you to know is that from your very first birthday… I mean the day you were born… you were my most precious baby girl. Mom and I talked about you every day from the days before we even thought about having a baby, to everyday we spent thinking about and planning for you once we decided. When nature gave her signals we were ready with our plans. Papa and Lee Lee were ready to take care of Eric while we rushed to Mary Black Hospital. Those first hours were incredibly tense…. Waiting, waiting, waiting…. for the doctor to get there… but when he did I swear I think I heard the angels chorus sing. Not too much longer and the nurse was holding you in her arms. Your eyes were so blue, so focused… you looked across the room and your eyes met with mine… in that moment my whole life changed… say it again…….
In that moment My Whole Life Changed! It was, as the cliche says, Love at first sight… but not like the romantic notion, no it was absolute and pure love. Like nothing I would ever have imagined or known existed until that moment when your eyes locked on mine. The nurses said “I think we’ve got a daddy’s girl on our hands” and yes, truer words were never spoken. I called Papa and Lee Lee first and then Mom and Dad and Linda and everyone we knew. The nervous and reticent man of just a few hours ago was marching up and down the halls of the hospital confident and proud as a peacock giving thumbs up and high 5’s… (I don’t want to embarrass you too much) but what I’m trying to say is that My life had changed forever in that moment and I wanted to celebrate it with everyone.
You’ve grown up to be an incredible person. An accomplished professional adult. A mother, a mentor, a roll model and an all around Amazing human being. So let me say from those first few minutes on Day One to 47 years later and every day (17,167 seventeen thousand, one hundred sixty-seven days) in between… but who’s counting π
Happy Birthday
Christina Lauren Tintle Fuller
Happy Birthday to You ππ❤️
Love,
Dad
Comments
Post a Comment