Happy Birthday Jennifer

Happy Birthday Jennifer


Dear Jennifer,
Has it already been one year since I first said Happy Birthday to You?
I’d sing it to you but… I’ll spare you… at least for the moment. But that reminds me of how you told me you wanted to sing a song for me and then you did. That may have been the singular most unique and adorable thing you’ve done for me and just a tiny element of why I think I love you so much. The other reason is because I can say it. I can say I Love You and feel it and mean it. That is such a luxury, such a gift and such a blessing. We had our little ‘solve the world’s problems’ conversations a couple years ago. I felt a sensitivity in you. A kindness. A sincerity. A dog, especially Zeke, lovingness in you. You are a beautiful person so as a person I honor you but you are also a beautiful woman so as a man, in a very selfish and romantic way, I just want to hug, you, hold you, kiss you and gobble you up. I want to hold your cold little hands in mine and make them warm. I want to wrap my arms around you, rock you back and forth and hold you close. Kiss your forehead, the tip of your nose, your lips, your cheeks, your chin….
I’m afraid if I say any more you’ll sue me for harassment… but you know Jennifer, what gives me the freedom to say these things and love you so much is knowing that you love me too. You’re quiet and you’re shy by your own description, but you are so brave and bold in your very own ways. You have brought out some of the best in me and I hope, most of all, that our time together has brought some happiness into your life.

So I guess all of that is to simply say;

Happy Birthday Miss Jennifer šŸŽ‚


Love,

Peter

Pete šŸ¤“ and Zeke 🐶

Comments