Facebook Tribute to Dolly
This tribute to Dolly that we found on Facebook last night just Ring so true I wish I could give him a thumbs up or a heart because he spoke the very belief system that I feel I try to follow and that is the teachings of Jesus the actual teachings of Jesus which are summarized in the golden rule due to others as you would have them do one to you treat other people with the respect the love, the kindness that you would want them to treat yourself. I feel like I’ve tried to practice this towards men towards women towards children towards animals towards everyone who crosses my path in my life you know just try to be a decent person and to me this is true Christianity. This is what Jesus taught us not to be proud, but to be humble, not to be arrogant, but to be humble and not to be selfish, but to be generous not to be self-serving, but to serve others.
I know I might be naïve and idealistic but this is why I became a Social Worker. This was the ideal that I had in my mind was to help people and like I joke my dad said to me while the first person you can help is me by paying rent and you know we laughed. I think we laughed, but I also think I resented it and it was that that prompted me to move out on my own so that was a good thing learning to be self-sufficient nonetheless, I am very concerned with what I see happening in our country and this guy said it in so many words, Christian nationalism is not Christianity. It certainly not what Jesus was teaching. In fact it’s almost the opposite in all of the stories around Jesus it was a repeat of this basic affirmation Love thy neighbor as they self, Do to others it isn’t like he said at once and then he forgot about it. He said it over and over again as he demonstrated it in the parable about the Good Samaritan.
Matthew 25:35New International Version
35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
Comments
Post a Comment