Dolly Parton was born on January 19, 1946, and died on August 25, 2026, at the age of 80.
Last night as we were settling down to watch a little TV Jennifer asked me if I knew that Dolly Parton had passed away?… No, I did not and it hit me so much harder than I would’ve thought… I feel like I’ve learned more about Dolly Parton over these past few years, the fullness of her life, the fullness of her heart, and how much she gave to her country to her people and to us… I mean, everybody knows she was a celebrity and everybody knows she’s a great singer songwriter entertainer but I think what I’m thinking about. Is that her complete uniqueness the complete devotion To everything and everyone she touched that she radiated Love, Kindness, Humanity and Humility.
Possibly the first memory in no doubt the most important memory I have around Dolly Parton is going to Dollywood as a family… Dollywood is an amusement park that’s true, but it also had entertainment venues and we sat through one of those shows and it was clogging young people dancing to spirited music Irish folk dancing is what my dad called it and he was right in that moment and at that time, I thought we were watching a folk art that had been purposely safeguarded and preserved by the Dollywood theme park I thought isn’t that great how they’ve hired these kids to learn how to dance like this and to put on a performance for us as spectators as visitors I had no concept at that time that clogging was an ongoing competitive dance form that soon my daughter would be involved with hook line and sinker, and the Wii as her parents would be following her around the country as she competed in various competitions in different cities… Clogging as it turns out was not a preserved art form so much as it was an ongoing art form that from my point of view held our family together for the next 5 years. Lauren practiced like crazy in the basement. I could hear her foot tapping out the rhythm and playing songs with iconic lyrics like Are You Ready for This? In other words it was rock ‘n’ roll that they danced to and during those years we really became saturated in country music Garth Brooks was the greatest thing since the Beatles and I’m one trip we went all the way to Vegas and took a little journey across the border into Tijuana Mexico, and thank you, Dolly Parton for getting us started and inspiring us along the way. One of my favorite movies was the bodyguard the song I will always love you with sung by Whitney Houston and such an incredibly powerful and passionate way that I can still hear and see it in my mind, but this song was the anthem written and composed and sung originally by Miss Dolly Parton. Dolly is being commemorated today nationwide and probably worldwide upon her passing on Tuesday, August 25, 2026. All I wanna do here is Remind myself a little bit of how she impacted our lives with all of her fame and fortune with all of her good humor and all her incredible personality she truly loved the world and she really cared about people, and she didn’t mind crossing lines between country and rock ‘n’ roll and she her only ideology was Love for her fellow mankind when our country was struck by the disease of COVID-19 and people are getting sick and dying across the nation she stepped up and contributed $1 million towards the research and development of a life saving Vaccine. https://1thousandreasons2lovehendersonvillenc.blogspot.com/2022/12/dolly-parton-supports-vanderbilt.html
My friends and I anticipated the Vaccine and lined up to get it as soon as we could since that time I’ve had at least eight vaccinations, and my only side effect has been not having Covid for which I thank Miss Dolly Parton…with so many credits to her name I’ll only mention the few that touched my heart….Shine, a cover of a rock song that showcased Dollys love of the universal community expressed and shared through music https://1thousandreasons2lovehendersonvillenc.blogspot.com/2022/07/heaven-let-your-light-shine-down.html
Stairway to Heaven, that once again demonstrated how Dolly tapped into the message of the music and was not confined or forced to conform to the genre boundaries of Country or Pop. https://1thousandreasons2lovehendersonvillenc.blogspot.com/2022/07/dolly-parton-stairway-to-heaven.html
Dolly was a successful and powerful person in this, our competitive often cutthroat environment but she maintained her dignity, her purpose and her soul throughout her many battles. Nothing and no one can ever express our love and our loss better than she in her own words… I will Always Love You.

Comments
Post a Comment