Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results …
I’m watching Apocalypse Now and all I see is horror. The absolute horror and insanity of war. Sometimes I talk about our instincts, our animal instincts but that is an insult to animals. Do animals kill members of their own species for fun, pleasure, revenge control, ego, advancement, and the exercise of power?Do animals invent killing machines to increase their kill power?
Today’s headline is Iran, US both claim to control strait of Hormuz.
A month or two ago Trump invaded Hormuz Without congressional approval exercising his self claimed as our dictator we are now living in a dictatorship. Our democracy is on the ropes, but our life continues pretty much the way it always has filled with sports news TV and social media. Inflation is making everything cause twice as much but people like myself are still able to afford food and since we’re not being drafted into the military, the war is, you know not even a front page news item and yet we could be sitting on the brink of World War III and for what ???? Oil!!! That greasy brown, toxic sludge that we find under the earths crust and concentrated in different parts of the world, hence the battle over Control… Trump threatened to Destroy an entire civilization he stood up there and said if they didn’t surrender, he was going to bomb their cities. He was going to bomb their infrastructure. He was going to kill innocent civilians, although he didn’t refer to them that way, but what has that done apparently nothing but put us in total Jeopardy of retaliation when asked about negotiation progress JD Vance said our negotiation is bombs. At one time the Roman empire ruled the world in another age, the British empire and now it’s the American empire with ayatollah Trump at the helm. He has insulted and turned our backs on our greatest allies. He has taken a slogan of put America first and turned it into a statement of hubris and arrogance, and alienating us from the rest of the civilized world if this war escalates beyond the borders of the Middle East, if for example, China does decide to step in, which has been mentioned then we’re done our arrogance will be that quality that proves our ultimate demise. What’s the cliché pride before the fall and in the meantime, I can’t have this conversation with anybody outside of myself because to say these words or question these behaviors with people who currently identify with the Republican Party would just create anxiety and division within our own family or friends, so I’m just dictating it here for what I don’t know just to get it off my mind although it doesn’t get off my mind it invades my mind. It invades my space it invades my peace of mind. I can’t sleep so I do something to keep myself busy. I try to do and say and be a good person on whatever levels I can, but this thing hangs over me like a dark shadow. as I sit here watching apocalypse, snail the story of our war in Vietnam, it just another reminder of how horrible war is and how grateful I am that I didn’t get drafted into it. All I wanna do is live the rest of my life in relative peace and harmony and happiness I have a beautiful girlfriend. I have every reason in the world to live and to enjoy my life so I wanna try to do that and not feel guilty about it. I just hope and pray that we survive this mess and that my children or my child Lauren and my grandchildren, Nolan and Wes have the chance to live their life in the democracy that I grew up in.
Comments
Post a Comment